8 March 2011

Day 6: Inistioge - Graiguenamanagh

I awoke to thick mist and church bells.
By the time we were ready to depart, the mist had burnt off and warm sunshine was pouring over Kilkenny.

Just as I was walking out of the Inistioge, Johnny and Jimmy waved me down and invited us back inside for a cup of tea. After tea, gold grain biscuits and morning papers we made a second departure.

Leaving town an elderly woman stopped and asked what we were doing. When I told her we were walking to Dublin she wanted to know if I was taking Lucy up there to sell her!


Part-way through the morning we had several encounters and chats with the local postman, Richard. By the time we descended into Graiguenamanagh that evening, the postman had our B&B alerted to our approx time of arrival and the postman's brother Tony, who runs a little pub called The Cozy Inn, on the look-out for us.


Here's a cross between a goat and a dog we met coming into Graiguenamanagh!

2 comments:

  1. ha thats my goat in that picture savage animal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte, Small world! He was a lovely looking animal!

    ReplyDelete