17 May 2010

Your Words

Some comments over the past months from people on our adventure trips and training courses. Thanks a million guys and hopefully I'll see you over the coming summer or autumn!

Just quick email to say thanks a mill for the trip up Carrauntoohil. I really enjoyed it, group really friendly, nice weather and great views!! Will definitely be telling my friends and hope to see you and Cara in the near future!! Breda, Kerry

Thanks for the most amazing hike up Carrauntoohil on the 24th March, wouldn't have done it without you and Cara!! It was a wonder full experience and you were great support and very patience with us, thanks again. Maureen, Kerry

I had a really great weekend, full of activities and great fun. I went on my own, which made it easier to mix with the group and meet lots of nice people, even some cute guys. We were really lucky and had amazing weather, Killarney looked fantastic. I'd recommend it to any single people who want a great weekend away that's a bit different.

Thanks for organising the glacier travel/ crevasse rescue course for us. It was excellent from start to finish, weather withstanding. Dave is an excellent instructor and was very knowledgeable in the area and yet very down to earth. I cannot recommend him enough.
Brian, Cork

Climbing Carrauntoohil was a brilliant experience. I have never seen Kerry from such an exceptional view. With a great guide and great company it was a day never to be forgotten. I look forward to doing it again. Oonagh, Kerry

Firstly, I had such a magical and wonderful time and I thank you sincerely. To feel the snow falling on my face and to see the sun shining over Killarney was only beautiful. The image will be with me forever. I felt like I was on holidays.... in Costa del Kerry!
Donna, Kerry

I really enjoyed the Kayaking on Saturday. It was good to get out on the water, and the sunshine was wonderful too. A fun group of people, and the atmosphere was relaxed. Lough Leane is beautiful too. David, South Africa

Had a brilliant weekend, really enjoyed Sunday the kayaking and loved the rock climbing. Would definitely recommend the whole weekend to anyone. Great fun and stunning scenery in Killarney. Joanne, Kerry

Firstly to say that I had a fantastic time on the Adventure Weekend. The combination of activities and weather was the best way, I can see, of spending the weekend. Although I won a competition with Bootcamp Ireland to get to do the Adventure weekend, I had no idea what it would be like or who I might meet. I am very happy to say that the organization by Nathan and his team was nothing short of amazing. I would recommend to anyone to do this weekend away. I myself will be signing up for a few of their more concentrated courses of Kayaking and rock climbing. Although this was a singles weekend, it felt more like it was a gathering of like-minded people who like the outdoors and wanted to spend it with others who also like the outdoors. Thank a million for the chance to explore Ireland and discover some new country-side and people! Roderick, Dublin

I would just like to let you know how much I enjoyed the Winter mountaineering day with you last week. I started the day a bit apprehensive, wondering if this was for me. Apprehensions didn't last long and soon I felt quite comfortable and secure using an ice axe and wearing crampons. The Devils Ladder and the Reeks never looked so beautiful. It was a privilege to be there. Well done on your relaxed, safe and enjoyable method of teaching us the snow and ice skills. Looking forward to getting back on the snow again. Elizabeth, Kerry

I had a super day out with your team last Sunday practicing winter skills in the newly discovered MacGillycuddy Alps! The conditions were truly alpine and I was pinching myself that this was actually Ireland and not somewhere in the Chamonix valley! Really enjoyed the ice axe arrest exercises and the roped up ascent of the snow and ice filled gully. The two groups of 5 worked really well and our instructor Dave was great. I can’t wait to get out there again soon. Let me know when the next snow and ice days are being planned and I’ll definitely come along. Cormac

Just to let you know I thought the weekend was great and even though I struggled with my unnaturally low level of fitness I was thrilled that it was a bit of a challenge - I still haven’t stopped congratulating myself for climbing a hill! Am sure they will go well for you in the future - and I have been telling a load of single friends how much fun it was! Grace, Cork

It was a great weekend and really loved it all. It was extremely well organised, the food was brilliant and the events were great - a fantastic way to do something different and meet new people, it was just perfect to have a 50/50 mix - I have told everyone how brilliant it was! And will be watching for your next one! Ciara, Dublin

Thanks a million for a wonderful day hiking on the Kerry Way, near Glenbeigh. It was hard work, but the rewards were worth it. The views were stunning. It was just a perfect day. I'm delighted to have gone the distance; it is a huge sense of achievement. My thanks to you and Daniel. Mairead, Kerry

For a first time, I was a bit nervous (and slightly afraid of heights), but straight away the lads from Outdoors Ireland put my mind at ease. We were shown how to put on the equipment correctly and introduced to the task at hand. The rock face proved to be hard but I was delighted when I got higher than I thought I would. The group was small enough that we had time to retry each of the climbs. It was an excellent experience. I will definitely do it again.
Caroline, Cork

Hey Nathan, I just wanted to mail you and let you know how happy I was with my first climbing experience. The instructors were deadly, and made everybody feel safe and confident enough to chance each of the two climbs they had set up. My girlfriend, who had no intention of trying it out, even jumped at the chance of getting her manicure messed up after one climber failed to turn up for the gig. At the tender age of thirty, I thought I’d have no chance of completing the climbs, but clawed my way up both with some helpful directions from the instructors. We also got a bit of insight into the whole belaying technique, correct harness use and some tips on the right knots and more importantly the wrong knots to use while climbing. I can’t believe it was free and hope you’ll pass on my thanks to Sport Corran Tuathail and the rest of the staff at Outdoors Ireland for making it possible and so enjoyable. It was a great day out and I would definitely do it again. See you on a crag somewhere soon. Barry

The rock climbing experience I had with Outdoors Ireland was fantastic! The guys leading the session were not only very professional but able to have a good laugh too! :) Which is also important! The climbs were challenging both mentally and physically and when leaving I felt like I had achieved something worthwhile and I had further fuelled my love of the sport. Since then I have paid several visits to the climbing wall in Dingle. Lorna, Kerry

I'd love to get some more comments and testimonials if you've been out with myself or my team. Just leave a comment here, or email me @ nathan@outdoorsireland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment