11 September 2010


Friendly words from a recent customer

Thank you for a wonderful day hiking. I had taken part in the night hike to the summit of Carrauntoohil a few weeks ago. It was amazing to see the sun rise over the reeks, especially Beenkeragh. The narrow ridge beckoned, and I thought ah, the next challenge...

Thanks to the "pay what you like", an opportunity arose to take part in a guided hike of the Coomloughra Horseshoe. I had a great day with the other climbers and our guide Tadgh, who made the day very enjoyable and had every confidence that we would be led safely across the narrow ridges of Beenkeragh, Carrantouhil and Caher. I was pretty tired in the evening but it was well worth it.

The next day I took part in the mountain skills course in the Gap of Dunloe with Dave our guide and another group of friendly like-minded climbers. I learned a lot of helpful skills. It meant a lot to me because I recently went way off course hill walking in the Burren , feel much more confident now but hope to do the full mountain skills course soon.

So thank you Nathan, Ruth and all the team at Outdoors Ireland.

Mary, Galway

No comments:

Post a Comment