2 January 2010

Winter Walking in the Reeks

''I would just like to let you know how much I enjoyed the Winter mountaineering day with you last week. I started the day a bit apprehensive, wondering if this was for me. Apprehensions didn't last long and soon I felt quite comfortable and secure using an ice axe and wearing crampons. The Devils Ladder and the Reeks never looked so beautiful. It was a privilege to be there. Well done on your relaxed, safe and enjoyable method of teaching us the snow and ice skills. Looking forward to getting back on the snow again.'' Elizabeth, Kerry
If this winter weather has you dreaming of climbing snowy peaks and icy corries, we're running some winter walking days, to explore the MacGillycuddy Reeks in these pristine snow conditions.
-
No previous snow and ice experience is needed, as we'll teach you all the techniques you need to walk and climb in snow and ice. All you need is your usual hiking gear!
-
We'll provide limited crampons, ice axes and also transport if needed.
-
Price: €75 per person, per day
Dates: Every Day Conditions Allow
Contact: +353 (0) 86 860 45 63 or info@outdoorsireland.com
The conditions will be back before the end of March, so contact us now to put your name onto our waiting list
-
Accommodation:

''I had a super day out with your team last Sunday practicing winter skills in the newly discovered MacGillycuddy Alps! The conditions were truly alpine and I was pinching myself that this was actually Ireland and not somewhere in the Chamonix valley! Really enjoyed the ice axe arrest exercises and the roped up ascent of the snow and ice filled gulley. The two groups of 5 worked really well and our instructor Dave was great. I can’t wait to get out there again soon. Let me know when the next snow and ice days are being planned and I’ll definitely come along.'' Cormac

No comments:

Post a Comment